Thursday 4 October 2012

Editing the Prelim


Editing Prelim 



This week we started working on editing our prelim. Using our knowledge from the lesson before, we began watching dragging clips that were successful from the log bin onto the underline. At the beginning it was difficult to find useful footage since during the prelim, we had to take a lot of takes because one if the actresses couldn't get the script right. Also some of the clips didn't turn out the way they needed to because the light either was dimmer or lighter than in other clips. Another factor we needed to watch out when editing our prelim, was the continuity. Even little details like the close up of the door could make a lot of difference. Since I was the one checking on the continuity during the Prelim Task, I thought I was very careful and didn't make any errors but when editing I realized how much more careful I should be about it.


Since we did some extra shots like close up on door closing, two reaction shots and high angle shots, we had more clips to play around with. The extra shots we did added more detail to the sequence and made the storyline seem more clear.


Overall, I am happy how the prelim turned out. From watching it, hopefully the storyline gets across and the shots are cut clearly and are making the sequence. Since it’s our group’s first project it is ok to make mistakes as long we make some progress and I think we did. I cannot wait to start working on the actual AS Opening Title Sequence assignment!








No comments:

Post a Comment