Friday 29 November 2013

Showing "Trouble In The West" Rough-cut to the audience




 
This week our assignment was to show the rough cut of our Music Video and see audiences reaction, whether they understand our storyline. One of the people I have displayed Trouble In The West to was my friend Anna. Straight from the first location (Foxes house) she understood where we were going with our plot. She especially liked the scene where Mr. Fox rips off the advertising paper with The Boss's face on it as it is so visual and goes well with music. The next person I showed the video to was Alistair. Although he eventually understood the plot, I had to explain to him the party scenes and that the purpose for them was to represent artist's image and that it's crucial to do so in music videos. He really liked the music we have chosen and also the idea of using foxes as our main characters. He found it unique and quirky. The last person from whom I got my feedback was my roommate Nathalia. She like Anna, understood the whole plot line without my help. Her favorite scene was Mr. Fox shooting The Boss. She also really liked the narrative saying that it's deep and meaningful (just like I intended it to be).

In the end, this task was really useful as now I have a clear idea what needs to change and what should be kept the same. For example, all three people said that the running scenes are a bit too long and boring so such critique is definitely something we need to think about and change in the near future. Maybe if we cut the scenes shorter and more to the beat, the reaction to that sequence will be different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment