Sunday 2 December 2012

Scouting for Location

On Friday 30th of November, Seb and I went with our Media Studies teacher Adam to look for locations for our thriller.
This shot of lake is quite spooky and mysterious like our character so I thought this location would compliment it and be an alluring part of an establishing shot.
This Location and the clear sky remind me of a "Donnie Darko" parallel universe scene which serves our crew as an inspiration. I also like the shading of the ground.A clear difference between the dark and the light is established in this photograph. This can be taken as a metaphor for our main character and the plot of the story.
This would be the establishing shot of our thriller. It gives the audience the information that our individual is by himself in the ghostly wilderness of Surrey in his van and nobody knows that he've been there. It will also be the last shot to represent the secretive disappearance of our character.
This was photographed inside the van. This photo helps me to imagine what the main character will be doing, feeling and seeing during his waiting time in the van. Overall, scouting for location was very useful and now I can see better the vision for our thriller. It will be amazing. I know it and I feel it. I can't wait to start shooting it with my peers!

No comments:

Post a Comment